> Sharing a single power supply between the transmitter and
> accessories is a very good way to create "RFI" (even with
> a dummy load) due to the "pin 1" problem in nearly every
> amateur rig ever built.

I completely agree with Joe, but I'm guilty of using a common supply for the
K3 and switching-type accessories.

However, if a common supply is used with a distribution block, consider
connecting the K3 direct to the power supply terminals and not a port on the
distribution block.  Then, if a power distribution block is used, route
accessories from the power supply terminals to the block, especially if one
is insistent on running audio accessories from the +12V bus.

The W2IHY products can be powered by +12V and seem to be very popular.  When
using  a W2IHY device, it would be better to use the supplied wall-wart than
be tempted to use a common +12V power bus.  If I was designing a similar
device, I would rather design it for use with an AC wall transformer (AC
in/out), then rectify and filter inside the audio device.  The added benefit
is that bi-polar supply rails can be easily created with an AC input.

Paul, W9AC.