> - *Elm is an amazing language.* I've had countless moments of sheer
pleasure programming in Elm for this app.

Actually, this is *my* take away from the very nicely written, down to
earth post-mortem. I've been hammering away at web-frameworks for 4 yrs
(angular, blaze, react) and windows webforms before that. In all those
frameworks, I have found things that don't fit, workarounds that are hacky,
abstractions which leak, complex tooling etc etc... in not one of them have
I said wow... it's been smooth sailing all the way through. Elm is the same
in that sense. It's story is not complete.

However, in none of those frameworks/languages have I had the consistency
of highs and pleasure working in a immutable, pure functional environment
that allows me to express what I want concisely with the confidence that it
will work as intended.

Granted I'm not using Elm for a web app, rather a game in Elm, ~6k LoC
hardly any regression bugs, everything in Elm, it's getting complex, but
I'm madly refactoring as I go, fearlessly because the compiler's got my
back. The workflow is great as I'm able to solve problems and move on. I'm
optimistic about where we're heading :) Don't stop!