On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 6:57 PM, 'Rupert Smith' via Elm Discuss <
elm-discuss@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> This limitation means you can't have UI elements defined outside of a
> component affect its state. Suppose you had a video component and a video
> control bar compnent, you could not make those separate components, you'd
> always have to embed the control bar inside the video component.

To my understanding, Html elements are treated as stateless so, there is no
semantic to tell a certain Html element anything just like you cannot tell
the integer number 42 to do something. It's just data. It's not an object.

If someone wants to say something to the actual html element, they have to
give that element an ID in Elm and go to JS in order to give it a message.

There is NO FATE, we are the creators.
blog: http://damoc.ro/