On Fri, 7 Jun 2013 13:08:00 +0200
Michael Haberler <mai...@mah.priv.at> wrote:

> If somebody wants to build on this, I would be happy to cooperate - I
> do lack the Javascript skills to build something meaningful beyond
> the 'hello world' level, and it isnt my main focus either.

Peter Jensen will be coming to Wichita, so you should talk to him. He
might be the yin to your yang on this.

> I also advise against a Java application in the LinuxCNC context
> which IMO has no realistic chance of adoption and survival in this
> community.

While I don't agree with everything you say, I think you're right about
this. I think the same is true for QT. Both technologies:

A. Are physically large, as in "takes a lot of disk space".

and

B. Have a history of conflict between their license terms and the
largely GPL sympathetic linux community. The fallout from some of this
means there are people out there who will never use this stuff no
matter what, on principle.

Thanks,
Matt