Hi,

We (Steve Stallings and I) would like to let you know about a gadget
we’re expecting to bring to Wichita: The K9 SmorgasBoard.

The K9 is a hardware “cape” board for the BBB (and BBW) that was
designed as a developer’s tool for embedded LCNC work. The cape makes
most of the bone subsystems easily accessible for prototyping and
software development and includes on-board support for I2C, Rs232 & 422,
analog (temperature controls & heaters), motor drivers, etc.

Although this is a development board, it was also has the ability to
connect to real machines by using existing PP break out boards. The axis
S&D signals can be driven by PRU EGPIO lines or regular GPIO.

The default board configuration supports:
 > Typical 4 Axis Mill + Spindle & IO
(via 1 pp cable)

 > 3D Printers (4 axis + analog IO)
(1 PP cable + some on-board terminal connections)

 > A full 9 Axis LCNC System + IO
(requires 2 PP cables)

The K9 is intended to be a tool to work with the LCNC Beaglebone
software already in progress. It should also facilitate making the
transition from the Beaglebone White to the Beaglebone Black.

It may be an overly ambitious goal, but we’d like to see about getting
LCNC Beaglebone stuff from Michael and Charles up and running on the
K9/BB Black combination during Wichita.

More info about the K9 is available here:
www.calypsoventures.com/privatedl/K9/K9_SmorgasBoard_Overview.pdf

Dave & Steve