On 24 June 2013 23:54, TJoseph Powderly <tjt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> guessing the attributes of an unknown tool is hard to do
> wondering if all the attributes are allowed for is hopeless

Indeed.

This is one advantage of using an sqlite database. The user/integrator
can add any attributes to the database that they want (either by
editing the database, or editing the definition schema, which is an
SQL file) and existing code will just ignore it.

The structure I have at the moment actually allows you to completely
replace the suggested database structure with one of your own, as long
as you redefine the queries to suit.
I will probably create a new branch on the git server so that people
can see what the new idea ends up looking like. (for example, further
atrophy of iocontrol, with the tool handing moving into a loadable HAL
module)

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.