On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 3:48 PM, EBo <e...@sandien.com> wrote:

> inappropriate?  Who's to judge appropriateness?  If it works as
> intended then it works on that platform.  I might consider it
> inappropriate if ...

As you demonstrate, everyone feels qualified to judge appropriateness.
 Arduinos are great for a lot of things.  Big desktop applications
work great on something like a beaglebone without a lot of pain and
wasted manhours.  Now that it looks like there will be real-time with
decent performance, that is more true than ever.

After watching the trials and tribulations of people using
emc/emc2/linuxcnc, I have to say that porting some major portion of
that functionality onto an Arduino is a little silly.  It only makes
sense to people that aren't used to programming PC's to do that kind
of work.  Or people that just want to do it for the challenge.  To
those people, I say "have at it"