I'm not sure why it was not building for myself.

Either way I did successfully merge master into joint_axis7 and am running
without any issues.

Is there a list of issues that need fixed with the joint axis work? Is it
being considered for mainline integration eventually? Is there a list of
issues here that needs addressed prior to integration? I've tried to reach
out here to see who wants some help with it, but I get crickets....