I am aware of setting the locale variables and rebooting to ensuring
the everything on the systems is using the new locale.  I am also aware
of restarting X for current window settings, and well as setting the
language and restarting a given app.  I was more curious about is if
there was some way to set the locale and refreshing an app on the fly.
I had used one of the Qt tools years ago to achieve this.  What of the
current UI's support this if any?  If that is not possible, we may be
able to have a pre-config app (which queries your current desired
language, and passes that to LinuxCNC to start it up).

I was just trying to give the original poster some ideas of how to
achieve his desired ends, and where to start looking for things which
have already been done.