> > Another problem is, that neither pyqt, nor gscreen runs on my desktop box.
> > don't know enuf of python to solve that problems on my own and it does not
> > help, if others state, that they don't have problems.
> > So I started with java, where I know to solve my own problems.
> > Startup may be too slow, but response time of the running app is fast enuf
> > for
> > anything.
>
> I imagine I would have the same issues with a Java UI if it didn't run.

Used Eclipse based development environment today, it is written in Java, have
to wait half a second or so then switching break point and in general many
cases have slow response but editor have fast response and it is really good
software.

My experience with Java it is have often a little bit slow response, things do
not happen immediately as then using an editor to write text which might be a
little bit annoying. Maybe Java is at it's best then used on Internet inside
.html or similar.

Learned to program some Java at University but have since then preferred other
programming languages like C/C++ and ADA which I also encountered at University
or Matlab/Octave, static types is one reason but there are in some cases also
others. If I remember correct Java however had a strong point polymorphism
worked well, think there are some difference for C++ but are a little bit
uncertain for the others.