From: Johannes Fassotte <johan...@automationassist.com>
Sent: May 1, 2020 3:43 PM
To: EMC developers <emc-developers@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Emc-developers] Third-Party GUIs

Here are my thoughts on user interfaces.

Frankly I think that just a mention that users can make their own user
interface would be enough and how to do that using a universal user interface
method.  In my opinion all user interfaces should be removed from LinuxCnc
proper which will greatly reduce maintenance and upgrade problems.

As a example we’re still using Python 2.7 even though there has been talk about
upgrading it for years. Perhaps a totally new version of LinuxCnc should be
considered instead of adding more and more to the old. It does look to me that
Qtpyvcp will be the winner in user interfaces.

Johannes P. Fassotte
Automation Assist
217 Sunny Hills Drive
Fairbanks, AK 99712