On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 at 09:04, andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> True, but the axis limits would be very difficult to express in an INI
> file as the limits are not a cuboid, and the tool angle limits depend
> on where the tool point is inside the complex shape too.

Anyway, the problems continued last night, but have changed.
It basically does what I want, except that I get f-error shut-downs
when switching to jog mode. Which seems rather strange. I guess the
next step is to graph the f-errors to see if they are large or small
enough to bypass by stretching the limits.
(ie, if it is a real f-error or a sudden jump in apparent position
caused by the kins)

I feel that I might need to add some HAL pins to the kins to look at
the real values of tran.x, tran.z, J[0] and J[1] that are being worked
with.

I think that there is a way to test kins from the command line (ie
load a kins and feed it inputs) but I can't remember it.

--
atp
lunatics."