  From: Mike Morrow <mmor...@compuserve.com>
  Subject: FDA Requirements
  Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 09:03:58 -0400
  To: IEEE EMC Board <emc-p...@ieee.org>

I've always been told that any piece of equipment being used in a
"sanitary" application (i.e. food processing, etc) must be
constructed of
stainless steel.  I'm after the actual standard that has this
requirement.  Can aluminum be used??

Any help is appreciated.

Mike Morrow
Product Standards Engineer
Data Instruments
mike_mor...@datainstruments.com
mmor...@compuserve.com
Phone 978-264-9550 xt-201
Fax 978-263-0630

Jim Palec - Electronics Group Leader
Stock Equipment Co. Chagrin Falls,OH 44023
E-mail(work): jim palec <pa...@stock.com>
      work ph 440-543-6000 x517, fax 440-543-4624