Thanks, Derek
These are all good examples of problems everyone can relate to.

A good domestic one from a colleague of mine recently was that when he
walked near a bathroom in his house while carrying his (FCC Class B)
laptop computer switched on (- he is a workaholic), and if someone was
bathing using their "power-shower", his computer would turn the shower
off.

If you find the time to write some more downI'd be pleased to have them.
Can I use your name if I write about your examples?
Best regards
Keith Armstrong