Fra:  gmcintu...@packetengines.com[SMTP:MIME @INTERNET
{gmcintu...@packetengines.com}]
Sendt:  7. juli 1998 04:05
Til:  hmellb...@aol.com; dwight.hunnic...@vina-tech.com;
emc-p...@ieee.org
Cc:  eric.lif...@natinst.com
Emne:  RE: Ce versus FCC

That's interesting. The change from 50 to 60 Hz would change some input
components and that could effect the input impedance and hence the
conducted emissions signature but the voltage, especially if its a well
regulated and filtered supply should be invisible. The components that
radiate at that point are all of the secondary 5 or 3.3 volt oscillators
and stuff. They shouldn't even know the difference in the input voltage.
If using a switcher power supply it seems even more odd. The input
voltage is rectified and then chopped to "#$@ then more regulating and
filtering stuff happens. Then it hits the electronics.
Anybody else see this and have an idea why it might. I may be living in
a fools paradise here.
Gary McInturff
Packet Engines