        From:   hmellb...@aol.com [SMTP:hmellb...@aol.com]
        Sent:   Monday, July 06, 1998 12:16 PM
        To:     dwight.hunnic...@vina-tech.com; emc-p...@ieee.org
        Cc:     eric.lif...@natinst.com
        Subject:        Re: Ce versus FCC

        I have encountered certain European agencies requesting that not
only are the
        conducted emissions required to be performed at 230V 50Hz but
radiated
        emissions as well. I agree that for conducted emissions it may
make  a
        difference but I have not seen radiated emissions change when
the power source
        is changed from 60 to 50 Hz (while keeping Voltage the same). I
did, however,
        see recently a product change emissions when the voltage was
changed from 120
        to 230 V. And, it did not matter if it was 50 or 60 Hz, only the
voltage was
        significant. Go figure!
        Hans