Mr. Griver's answer is dead on correct (assuming you are purchasing an approved
external power supply).  Your device doesn't fall within the scope of the LVD,
however, for Marketing and Liability issues you should obtain approval.

As Mr. Griver noted, most requirements will be N/A.  This is primarily a
paperwork exercise that should take no test lab longer than 2 man days.   I
worked for a test lab for 12 years and your situation is not unique.  Getting
the approval is the smart thing to do, it will protect the company's interest ,
and save you from explaining the subtleties of the LVD to those who are less
familiar with it.

Good Luck.

Jim Linehan
Compliance Engineer