Hi Kristiaan,
If you look at 60950, you are only required to mark your products in a
language which is acceptable in the country which it is being sold. In the
national deviations there are some specific countries, such as Germany, who
specify that safety instructions be in their particular country.

To get to the specifics of your question. Canada has two official
languages, English and Canadian French and either is acceptable. If we
marked our product in french only, it would not be acceptable in the US, so
because of the limited space on labels, we generally mark our North
American products in English only on the label and have the other languges
(English, French and Spanish)in the user guide. We do it purely for
marketing reasons (I'm not going to bore you with the details of the french
language debate here in Canada).
In your scenario, a product that has a cULus marking with markings in
English only is legal in both countries.

Regards

Doug Beckwith

Carpentier Kristiaan <carpenti...@thmulti.com>@majordomo.ieee.org on
08/01/2002 05:37:07 AM