Hello Again Group:

Please gentlemen, ...  lets not leap to the assumption that simply because I
offer an explanation that I have been given about wiring, that I have some
inspection difficulties in the works, not the case at all.

By coincidence was the local UL inspector here yesterday ? Yes he was.

Variation Notice ? No ... No...  nothing of the sort, we needn't get
excited.  :-)

I have simply offered an explanation I have been given, in response to
Doug's question.

Was this an official UL explanation ? Of course not, else I would have posed
it as such.

Was it given to me by product safety professionals experienced at working
with UL? Yes indeed.

Had any of them (or I) ever worked for a company that produced AWM ?
Admittedly not.

In reality, I doubt that there is enough rejected AWM that a viable market
(or black market if you prefer) could exist. I would be willing to accept
the surface printing as evidence of proper approval of the AWM, if UL would
allow.

However, I can say that in almost 20 years of submissions and inspections
with UL, they have consistently been exceedingly reluctant to accept the
surface markings on AWM without traceability back to a label on a spool
somewhere. This to the degree that they cast doubt on the validity of their
own approval markings.

Oh my goodness, does this bring us back to Doug's original question ?  It
would seem so.

Cheers,

Richard

Richard Payne