Today we have computers, transmitters and receivers that do not interfere to
much with other devices.  But none of that would be possible if it weren't
for the work of what far too many today see as 'capricious and arbitrary'.
So soon the makers of things forget why things were done, why limits were
made and why regulations were needed to be enforced.  The work of many
'great minds' in the early days of EMC are too easily brushed off, not
because they were arbitrary or capricious, but because the work they founded
allowed industry to make products that actually could comply with
interference requirements, could be made cheaper and less power hungry so I
could work on my computer or talk on my Ham while my neighbor watched his
TV.

A lot is owed to these men of science and we all too often dis their work
and forget their contributions calling it capricious and arbitrary.

OK off my soap box.

Dennis Ward

Senior Certification Engineer

PCTEST

This communication and its attachments contain information from PCTEST
Engineering Laboratory, Inc., and is intended for the exclusive use of the
recipient (s) named above. It may contain information that is confidential
and/or legally privileged. Any unauthorized use that may compromise that
confidentiality via distribution or disclosure is prohibited. Please notify
the sender immediately if you receive this communication in error, and
delete it from your computer system.