Hi David:

Two issues are involved here:

1)  Label adherence to the surface to which it is attached;
2)  Durability of the data printed on the label.

I don't have a copy of UL 969, so I don't know if it
addresses both issues.

If you are dealing with UL, I'm sure you can get them to
accept UL 969 without the 60950-1 durability test.

However, if you are dealing strictly with 60950-1 (as
in a CB report), then the label must pass the durability
test.

In my experience, there is not much difference between
the required hexane and turpentine/paint thinner.  If
I recall correctly, turpentine/paint thinner is more
severe than hexane.

The test itself is not very repeatable, especially if
the result is marginal.

Best regards,
Rich