Hi Richard,

Yes, we have been dealing with this for awhile.  For China shipments, the
testing must be done by one of the government approved labs.  Even as a test
lab, we have to use the government lab down the street.  If your shipment does
not have the correct certificate with it, the products will usually get trapped
in customs.  I will check into the regulations, but the government has not been
very forthcoming with anything official.

Best Regards,

Jody Leber
Consumer Testing Services
Global Battery and Accumulator Technical Manager
Battery, Energy Efficiency and Safety Laboratory Manager

SGS North America, Inc.
620 Old Peachtree Road, Suite 100
Suwanee, GA 30024 USA

Direct: 770.570.1838