Hi Larry:

Are the failures do to actual damage, or just to upset?

I can imagine some situations where there might be upset for the
one-at-a-time configuration you describe, and I can understand how someone
might argue this configuration is not an appropriate test configuration.
However, I can't think of a valid reason why actual damage could be caused
when using this test configuration.

Also, during the one-at-a-time testing, how are the unused power cords
terminated?

Lastly, does the system perform its intended function when portions of the
system are unpowered?

Just some food for thought.

Joe Randolph

Telecom Design Consultant