So here is my question, or actually two of them:

First, one of my clients has been told by their 3rd party NRTL that a ground
bond test is required as part of factory/production routine tests, even though
it is not required by 61010-1.  I have never run into this requirement in my
work history and I would be interested in hearing if any of you have.

Second, just to be sure my interpretation is correct, 61010-1, section 6.5.2.4,
Impedance of protective bonding of plug-connected equipment, in the fist
sentence, it has a limit of 100 mOhms impedance and my read is that this is for
equipment with a power cord that has a plug on one end and a receptacle on the
other.

Then, in the same section, still under the title of plug-connected equipment,
it says for equipment that has a non-detachable power cord  the limit is 200
mOhms.  My interpretation is that plug-connected equipment with a
non-detachable power cord is when the power cord is hard wired to the unit
under test, but still has a plug for mains connection.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance and you can reply here or privately to
stev...@productehsconsulting.com

Steve Brody
sgbr...@comcast.net mailto:sgbr...@comcast.net
C - 603 617 9116