From: Brian Kunde <bkundew...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2024 11:29 AM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [PSES] SCCR Rating Question

Greetings to all.

I am new to SCCR ratings on industrial machinery.  The ratings I have seen
sometimes has a "Maximum Voltage" included, such as;

SCCR: 22kA, 600V Maximum

Where does the voltage value come from?  In one case, the machine had a line
voltage rating of "120/208 Vac", but the SCCR rating had a voltage rating of
"Max 600V".

Can this be confusing? Might something think the machine can operate at 600Vac?

Thanks for any replies.

The Other Brian

  _____

EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG <mailto:EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>