I suggest that John has “nailed it”, as he often does.

Ralph

From: John Woodgate <j...@woodjohn.uk>
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2024 7:26 AM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] SCCR Rating Question

I cant help you with a reference to a standard, but there is a language problem
and I think I can help with that, in the context of 'confusion'. The 'SSCR
voltage' on the nameplate  actually means  'Minimum permitted value of the
Maximum voltage of the SSCR'. Obviously those words are too long to put on the
nameplate. In your case, obviously, the Max voltage of the SSCR must be at
least 480 V if the motor is wired for 480 V operation, but could be lower if
it's wired for a lower voltage. To document this, you  would need a BIG
nameplate. Some standards allow a sign, usually a '!', to mean 'Refer to
manual' or words to that effect, where you can put a full explanation.