I cant help you with a reference to a standard, but there is a language problem and I think I can help with that, in the context of 'confusion'. The 'SSCR voltage' on the nameplate  actually means  'Minimum permitted value of the Maximum voltage of the SSCR'. Obviously those words are too long to put on the nameplate. In your case, obviously, the Max voltage of the SSCR must be at least 480 V if the motor is wired for 480 V operation, but could be lower if it's wired for a lower voltage. To document this, you  would need a BIG nameplate. Some standards allow a sign, usually a '!', to mean 'Refer to manual' or words to that effect, where you can put a full explanation.

On 2024-05-15 15:05, Brian Kunde wrote:
I appreciate the replies, but I am not getting the information I am seeking.

Some machines have just the SCCR Rating, such as

*SCCR: 10kA*

but a few machines we have looked at include a reference to the "Max Voltage", such as

*SCCR: 10kA RMS Symmetrical, 480V Maximum*

What is the source, code, standard, directive, etc. that calls out the Max Voltage as a requirement in the SCCR rating that is printed on the Nameplate label?  We cannot find such a source.

In our case, we have a machine that can operate at 230V, 380V, or 480V depending on how the motor is wired. So on a machine rated 230V it has a SCCR rating that includes the Max Voltage of 480V.  We are getting push-back from the field saying that having the voltage on the SCCR rating is confusing. To resolve this, we want to remove the reference to the Max Voltage, but before we do that, we want to find out if it is mandated in the code or some standard.

I can see where the max voltage might be required on some components. Maybe it is an old requirement that is no longer required.  I am just guessing.

Thanks again for your help.
The Other Brian