Starting on page 7, the white paper that Rich linked to also references UL
508A, supplement SB, which is a method of determining SCCR for industrial
control panels without test. The method at a high level involves carrying
over the SCCR rating of the "weakest link in the chain" from a protective
component standpoint to the overall panel. I wonder if that method may have
been used for the machinery in question, with a component level voltage
rating (improperly, in my opinion) shifted over to the end device. Note
that UL 508A includes "at a nominal voltage" in its definition of SCCR.

On Tue, May 14, 2024 at 12:33 PM Richard Nute <ri...@ieee.org> wrote:

> Hi Brian:
>

> See the very last line of:
>

> https://www.mouser.com/pdfDocs/littelfuse_industrial_whitepaper_increase_sccr.pdf