Kirk Wallace wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-12-26 at 17:22 +0000, Lester Caine wrote:
>> Geert De Pecker wrote:
>>> I probably wrongly assumed that the voltage should come from the KBIC
>>> board. As you say, this would indeed be a flexible solution. Will look
>>> out from such a converter. My controller case is almost full, have to
>>> find some room to put this one in :-)
>> Don't need much space - this fits neatly on the end of the board
>> http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/78477.pdf
>> It's a pity that there is not a space for it actually on the board.
>
> Lester,
>
> I don't have one of these boards, so I am just being curious. Is this
> DC-DC module intended to fill the +12V supply requirement or is it in
> addition to? This is were it goes:
>
> http://cnc4pc.com/images/C11R3_5.jpg
>
> ?
>
> How much adjustment will the potentiometer give? Thanks.

http://cnc4pc.com/Tech_Docs/C11G_&_SIEG_X3_Electrical%20storybook.pdf
Check out page 7.
The thing to remember here is that the motor control pot on the Asian mills is
at mains potential, so you need a totally isolated supply to drive that bit of
the circuit. The boards I've played with a have a reasonable range on the pot,
but I've only dropped to +9V from about 11V did not check how much further it
would go.

The NEW boards from cnc4pc don't have the +12V requirement on board, so a +5V
to +12V module may be required. The on board 12V relay has been replaced with
a 5V one so the whole board just runs off 5V now.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL