On Wed, 2007-12-26 at 21:07 +0000, Lester Caine wrote:
> Kirk Wallace wrote:
> > How much adjustment will the potentiometer give? Thanks.
>
> http://cnc4pc.com/Tech_Docs/C11G_&_SIEG_X3_Electrical%20storybook.pdf
> Check out page 7.
> The thing to remember here is that the motor control pot on the Asian mills
> is
> at mains potential, so you need a totally isolated supply to drive that bit
> of
> the circuit. The boards I've played with a have a reasonable range on the
> pot,
> but I've only dropped to +9V from about 11V did not check how much further it
> would go.
>
> The NEW boards from cnc4pc don't have the +12V requirement on board, so a +5V
> to +12V module may be required. The on board 12V relay has been replaced with
> a 5V one so the whole board just runs off 5V now.

Thanks for the information. Does that mean there is a high common mode
voltage (AC or DC) on the two pins next to the DC converter? Is the
motor controller like the speed controllers for universal motors, or Do
you have any keywords to search on the type of motor controller this is?
--
Kirk Wallace (California, USA
Hardinge HNC lathe,