> > Which pins to you connect together?  I want to be able to
> do this to
> > keep a dial indicator in the groove of a ballscrew when I try to
> > center it in the lathe.  When I turn the chuck, I want the
> feedscrew to move.
>
> It was (hm2_7i43.0.).encoder.00.position => mult2.in
> mult2.out => (hm2_7i43.0.).stepgen.3.position-cmd I think.
>
> But cradek's way is much better.
>
> G33 does nothing until the spindle moves, so is probably ideal.

I'll have a play with that.  I like the way you turned the spindle by hand
and the synchronised one moved too.  That's what I want to do to center the
ballscrew in the 4-jaw chuck - even if it means having a second hal config
just for that.

G33 sounds more complicated.  Won't G33 have problems requiring the spindle
turning under power, being "at-speed", and then synching with index pulse?