dave wrote:

> Good post. Sorry to have snipped so much of it but...
> All of the above is what makes the ARM/Beagle-board port so attractive.
> We don't need blazing speed, just blazing interrupt response and context
> switching.

And, the irritating part is, we still have NO IDEA what the real
performance of the
Beagle Board system is in this regard!  There are some numbers posted by
the French
guys who did the RT-Linux port that weren't terrible, but they didn't
look that great, either.
OK for servo interface use, probably not real good for stepgen.  But,
that might be the
RT_Linux and not the basic hardware.

Jon