Dave wrote:
> On 9/22/2010 4:38 PM, Kirk Wallace wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 2010-09-22 at 15:58 -0400, Don Stanley wrote:
>> ... snip
>>

>> Where would the Internet (and in someway EMC2) be without porn?
>>

> Uh??  ..   care to explain further...??

He's talking about "computer porn", I think he means gaming and internet
video, etc.
Certainly, gaming has driven high-performance video cards down below
$100, I paid $795
MANY years ago for a 1024 x 780 dumb frame-buffer VGA card for a CAD
application.  If the gamers
hadn't created a market, the commodity cards that make open-gl
applications like Axis
possible would be over $1000.  And, to an extent, gamers and the wide
use of home and office
computers have all made our computers vastly cheaper than otherwise.
EMC, the original one,
started out on Sun workstations that cost $50K each.

Jon