On 11/08/2010 4:30 AM, Andy Pugh wrote:
> On 8 November 2010 01:16, Chris Radek<ch...@timeguy.com>  wrote:
>

>> Jon, I have those same resolvers and I use your resolver converter
>> board.  I am pretty sure there are two indexes per revolution.  The
>> gearing is 1:1 so I don't think the original spindle resolver can be
>> used this way.
>>
> That sounds like a fairly simple thing to fix with a bit of HAL
> though. A flip-flop based frequency divider maybe?

no, that won't work too reliably if you reverse or stop the spindle.  If
the particular resolver and method of driving it gives two index pulses,
the best way is to qualify the index with a one per rev proximity sensor
and gate with that.  You CAN'T do it in HAL, however, as the spindle
index logic is usually in the encoder counter board.  But, this is a
pretty simple AND gate circuit between the resolver converter and the
encoder counter board.

Jon