2012/2/28  <kqt4a...@gmail.com>:
> On Tue, 28 Feb 2012, Viesturs Lācis wrote:
>>
>> I have set up 2 machines with 5i25 and also with 5i23. I do not
>> remember any address for pci cards in INI or HAL files.
>> Could You, please, explain, what kind of address You mean?
>

> In my .hal file 'loadrt hal_parport cfg="0x378 out 0x278 out "'
> Would I not be required to change this to the address of the new card

That line explicitly says that it is parport address, which is LPT aka
parallel port!
5i25 plugs in PCI slot, so forget about parallel ports of Your PC!
Remove that line, it is totally unnecessary for 5i25.

Start with 5i23 sample config!
1) change the board name from 5i23 to 5i25
2) remove the "firmware = [path/to/firmware/file]" part of the "config ="
line, keep any commands for loading stepgens, pwmgens or encoder
modules, if they are needed for Your machine.

Viesturs