On Tue, 28 Feb 2012, kqt4a...@gmail.com wrote:

> Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 09:35:25 -0600 (CST)
> From: kqt4a...@gmail.com
> To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
> Subject: Re: [Emc-users] mesa 5i25 install woes
>
> On Tue, 28 Feb 2012, Viesturs Lcis wrote:
>
>> 2012/2/28  <kqt4a...@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> I ordered the card with PROB_RFX2 firmware to drive a probotix controller
>>> I am not 100% sure but I thought I would only need to change the addresss
>>> in
>>> my ini file

There is no address in the ini file
The card should found automatically

The fact that the card does not show up via LSPCI is not a good sign

This could be for a couple of reasons:

1. The card is bad

2. The motherboard PCI section is bad

3. Theres some hardware incompatibility with the 5I25 and that motherboard

4. The motherboard has BIOS issues

5. Looks like you motherboard chipset has multiple host bridges if you are
using an old enough LinuxCNC version (you do need 2.5 for the 5I25) you may
need to add a pci=use_crs statement in your grub command line

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics

(\__/)