Dave,

PMDX is considering just such a product and is trying to
figure out what things are needed for a "real" industrial
control.

Meanwhile, we are actually working on a "cape" to be used
as a test platform at Wichita. It will use the parallel port
header approach along with other debugging stuff. It can be
used together with PMDX-112/PMDX-111 debugging accessories,
or it could simply be used as parallel ports to drive an
existing breakout board.  The design is based around a
programmable logic device to minimize the impact of
incorrect assumptions of how the Beagle Bone Black is
pinned out and configured.

Regards,
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com