On 29 Dec 2013, at 16:56, Michael Haberler <mai...@mah.priv.at> wrote:

>>> Please read section 3.1 of
>>> http://static.mah.priv.at/public/html/common/UnifiedBuild.html, then run
>>>
>>> $ sudo make log
>>>
>>> as outlined there. Also, after the make command, you should have seen the
>>> message noted under 3.1 - correct?
>>>
>>> If /var/log/linuxcnc.log does not exist now, please start from scratch with
>>> a new image.
>>
>> now it exists
>
> and why dont these files vanish anymore?

I’m sorry for introducing confusion. I meant the /var/log/linuxcnc.log file.
The file’s I mentioned (those (temporary)files who disappeared now don’t appear
anymore) and would not stay in the first place.

>> http://pastebin.com/3rBkXddk
>
> that log is certainly not of a run with 'DEBUG=5 linuxcnc', as this line says:
>
> Dec 29 15:24:38 arm msgd:0: startup instance=inst0 pid=3041 flavor=xenomai
> rtlevel=1 usrlevel=1 halsize=512000 shm=Posix gcc=4.6.3
> git=v2.6.0~pre~unified-build-candidate-3-joints-axes4~b688569

yes sorry, I see, I will never again forget :)

> Please do this:
>
> $ export DEBUG=5
> $ realtime start
> $ realtime stop
>
> Please pastebin the contents of /var/log/linuxcnc.log

http://pastebin.com/Mqb0suKM of 3 lines above
http://pastebin.com/PvAiKAnU of $ DEBUG=5 linuxcnc

Bas