> On 29 dec. 2013, at 19:06, Michael Haberler <mai...@mah.priv.at> wrote:
>

> Am 29.12.2013 um 18:25 schrieb Bas de Bruijn <bdebru...@luminize.nl>:
>
>>> so please try the delta config
>>
>> I have found it in sim/axis/rdelta.ini
>> I get a TK screen with a rotary delta. But this is a simulation if I’m not
>> mistaken.
>
> Well hey, this is a result, we didnt have that earlier today. And that's
> where your work starts: you got to configure your machine yourself.

Yes, I agree. I only hope I continue doing steps forward instead of
continuously stumbling. I know experience comes from doing.

> Let me set expectations a bit:

I have been using Linux on and off for the past 6 years, dabbling with
installing (read starting with typing the commands from the installation
instructions) programs and as frequently as I had success I had failures
(giving up). The biggest frustration for me always is the error message of a
missing library, and after getting that library the 3 more libraries that the
first one needs etc. etc. When using cutting edge technology you sometimes will
bleed :)

> joints_axes4 is a development branch. It is unfinished - for instance limit
> management and wheel jogging needs attention. It configuration is
> undocumented, and there is minimal experience with running it. This branch is
> ok to use if you want to develop it further and help it finish; it is
> certainly frustrating as a end-user-ready type starting point. It is
> unrealistic to expect to get anywhere except if you find your way yourself by
> reading the source, and fixing problems as the arrive.
> it really depends on what effort you are willing to invest.

I’d like to help and get LinuxCNC working with my and other Delta type
printers. FWIW I'm selling delta type printers (opiliones.nl) with an Arduino
board, and in the near future also without electronics (up to and including the
stepper motors, effector with extruder and hot end). Due to the size of the
printer bed I am now at the limit of the hardware capabilities. Furthermore I
am convinced LinuxCNC can benefit us because we can use our other types of
production also (milling, etc).

so Yes, I’d like to help developing, but since I have to juggle my time between
my business, family and personal (as well as professional) interests like
linuxCNC, electronics etc. and I want it to be as efficient as can be.  Meaning
I’d like to have (some sort of) a plan or guideline.

So going in that direction means I’ll have to start learning and knowing the
way to develop/hack/share the work so it is not for naught.
If there are any (let’s call them) guidelines on developping/testing with
linuxCNC and especially _the_ branch which will benefit from my effort I’m all
in. I’m relatively fresh so I can make a quick list of some questions I will
have.

I know I don't have the same experience as a lot of you guys and that means
that running thru the source will not always get me there and a nudge in the
right direction would just save a lot of time and unneeded disappointment.

BTW, So far I really appreciate the time, patience and support from all of you.

Bas