On 22 April 2014 17:24, Florian Rist <fr...@fs.tum.de> wrote:

> So, first question: Can I hook up the 7I39 to a BeagleBone Black. Well
> of course I can, but is this somehow supported already, so that it is
> simple to do? Any other driver suggestions?

The problem here is that the 7i39 expects a three-phase PWM signal,
and I don't think that the BBB PWM code (if there even is any for the
PRU) has a three-phase mode.

You would have a simpler task either using something that drives Mesa
cards (PCI or parallel) and a Mesa FPGA card, or using the BBB
ethernet to drive a 7i90 (I am not sure this works).

Alternatively the Pico PWM brushless servo amp only needs a single
channel of PWM:
http://www.pico-systems.com/acservo.html

Any number of off-the-shelf drives from the likes of AMC are likely to
be able to drive your motor

Both the Pico and AMC drives are likely to need Hall sensors on the
motor. If you need to you may be able to "fake" these with the bldc
HAL component.

>  0. move to home position (0°)
>  1. wait for low frequency trigger, a hardware or a software signal
>  2. within say 10° accelerate and synchronises to the 50Hz trigger
>     so that the 10° position is reached 20ms after the last trigger
>     and at a given speed (specified in degree per trigger pulse,
>     not in seconds as the pulse rate of the trigger may change slightly)
>  3. keep on moving at the give speed (in sync with the trigger) for 100°
>  4. decelerate an move to a safe position

This sounds like fun. It might "just work" with a G33 or G33.1
synchronised move, or it might need an elaborate system of PIDs and
PLLs.

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.