Dave,

This is what I thought and after talking to the person, we can wait the few
days to get a separate system in for him. Everyone will be happy this way.
It's a small system so I am going the BBB/cape/machinekit way (I hate it
when the controller is larger than the machine.).

Sounds like there is little interest in the remote gcode stuff, which is
fine.

jerry

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 12:20 PM, Dave Cole <linuxcncro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think everyone is trying to find a way to do what you want with the
> existing software.
>
> In order to run two different Gcode programs at the same time, you would
> need two gcode interpreters and two planners running at the same time.
>
> That is not possible with the existing software that I am aware of:
> LinuxCNC or Machinekit.
>
> If someone tells me I am wrong, I would be happy to test it.  :-)
>
> That would be very nice to have for custom machines.   As in the case of
> gantry machines that need to transfer parts to another a joining gantry
> machine where they could physically collide.
>
> The ability to plug in different interpreters and planners has been
> discussed on the Machinekit email list but I don't know how far that has
> progressed.
> Keep in mind that the ability to run different interpreters and planners
> as plug in's is much different than running multiple instances of
> interpreters and planners which is what you would like.
>
> Dave
>

> On 9/24/2015 2:24 PM, Jerry Scharf wrote:
> > There is an axis for the second robot and the hal files are all set up.
> > This is about the python interface and running two separate motion
> commands
> > at the same time. If I can do that, then a simple threading system works,
> > otherwise it needs to be fancier...
> >
> > jerry

> linuxcnc
> >> Add an extra axis ?