On 9/1/2016 9:28 PM, dan...@austin.rr.com wrote:

> Well, wait- just rechecked the gantry man page: "When the system is
> homing and a joint home switch activates, the command value sent to
> that joint is "frozen" and the joint offset value is updated
> instead"
>
> It unambiguously DOES say it's per-axis homing, but I saw it stop
> both when X1's limit tripped and X2 never went into seek, and if X2
> was in front of X1, went over the homing switch with no effect
> until X1 tripped.
>
> Here's what's in my HAL that should be relevant, did I screw
> something up?
>
> loadrt gantry count=1 personality=2
> net switches-x1   <=  hm2_[HOSTMOT2](BOARD).0.gpio.005.in_not
> net switches-x2   <=  hm2_[HOSTMOT2](BOARD).0.gpio.003.in_not
> net switches-x1   => gantry.0.joint.00.home
> net switches-x2   => gantry.0.joint.01.home
> net home-x         <= gantry.0.home
> net home-x          => axis.0.home-sw-in

That looks OK, but it's not enough to verify your HAL file is correct.

The behavior you describe could happen if the search-vel input is
incorrect, if you're using the limit output instead of the home output
to feed to motion, or if your home switch signals have the wrong
polarity (they should be high if the switch is "tripped").

--
Charles Steinkuehler
char...@steinkuehler.net