On Friday 23 September 2016 15:21:28 Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Friday 23 September 2016 04:34:35 Andy Pugh wrote:
> > > On 23 Sep 2016, at 08:02, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
> > > wrote:
> > >
> > > gave up and put a 3/8
> > > drill in the holder.  That worked for a starter hole and the bar
> > > then ran in and tried to uniform the hole, looking decent
> >
> > Are you trying to use a boring bar without drilling a starter hole?
> > I don't think they are intended for that.
>
> As I found, but the end of its original tip contour sure looked like
> it could do it, and it did, for about 12 mm's., then became a problem
> child.  So I drilled a 3/8" start hole, then expended that about a mm
> before I gave it up last night. So now I need the hit it a couple more
> times to get a hole to calibrate x with and finish that up.

Which I am pretty close to now. The hub is made and fits fairly well,
with an OD where the pulley will be driven onto it of about 43.35 mm's.

And the pulley is bored to about 42.25 mm's when I thought it was past
time to get off my feet.

So my next question , and considering both pieces are alu, is whats the
target for the final bore of the pulley for a good tight press fit?  And
should I heat the pulley and freeze the hub?

Had din-din, beer-thirty now.