If you ever tried to spot-weld two alu sheets, the welder developing
about 1 volt, it will show you that it is a question of voltage to break
through the oxide layer. After tat, you have conductivity. In order to
spot weld, scratch the surfaces hard with a rotating steel brush, after
that you have about 1 sec. for the welding.
Alu surfaces oxidise and thus the area in the vicinity of the contact
gets smaller. This gives a rising current density at the contact spot.
Current through a resistance gives cause to heating until the hole
contact area burns up or melts down, if there is enough power delivered
by the wires.

Peter

Am 07.10.2016 22:05, schrieb andy pugh:
> On 7 October 2016 at 20:55, Przemek Klosowski
> <przemek.klosow...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> If the alumina layer is thickened (e.g. by anodization), the aluminum
>> objects will be isolated;
> I will also note the apparent conductivity of my anodized
> solder-sucker. But that is probably a think anodised layer, not one
> intended for isolation.

---