PVC flooring is roilled out in long strips and then joint welded by
little automatic machines, running along, following the joint by a
sensor stick and equipped with a hot air fan and a roll of 4 mm PVC
wire. Every floor working shop has been using them for a long time. PVC
welding is easy. No CNC involved. Automation can be so simple.

Peter Blodow

Am 16.10.2016 03:44, schrieb Leonardo Marsaglia:

>> Injection pressure will be trying to force the two sides of your mold
>> apart.
>> That's why injection molds are made of tool steel, and injection machines
>> have VERY sturdy construction to hold the mold closed.  I saw a machine
>> that might be big enough to make your parts - the mold closing cylinder was
>> about 2 feet (0.6m) in diameter, and the four steel tie-rods that held the
>> machine together against the clamp force were about 100mm diameter.
>>
>> Could you make it out of four strips with some kind of joining at the
>> corners?
>>
> Hello John.
>
> Yes the idea is to machine the four strips and then joing them strongly. To
> clamp the mold I was thinking about mechanical ways like eccentrics or may
> be screw clamps. That way I can hold the mold together when the injection
> takes place. I really don't worry about the time consumption on open the
> mold and close it again.
>
> The concerning part I have is if It's a good idea to move the pistons for
> the injection with a screw and a common 3 phase AC motor. My idea is to
> load the piston, wait for the plastic to reach the temperature and then
> inject no less than 30 seconds. I probably have to preheat the mold too.

---