The solution I am using is put G20  in RS274NGC_STARTUP_CODE of the
original ini file.  Then each time I startup, I select inch in view.
Much easier than recomputing all the velocity and acceleration values.

On my other mill's I had always used Stepconf and selected Inches.  This
is the first time I've needed to change units.

I still need to get all configuration parameters from the vendor, as I
still have the ATC, Tool setter and Reneshaw probe to add into the
system.  This is based on a Mesa 5I25 7I76 interface.

Hubert