On 01/31/2017 03:37 PM, Kirk Wallace wrote:
> A lathe showed up on my doorstep (almost). A friend called up and said
> "I've got a lathe in my trailer and I want to know if I can bring it by
> today." I guess he knows me well enough to know that I could not refuse.
> I have had it a couple of days and I took some time to scrape the first
> layer of grime off of it and take some pictures.
> http://wallacecompany.com/machine_shop/Tida_Samson_TD-1336_lathe/

... snip

Another thing I'm curious about. I haven't used a D1-4 Camlock before
and I can't seem to find information on how to use it. I did find the
specifications:
http://www.tools-n-gizmos.com/specs/Lathe_Spindle_Mount.html

but mine is a little different than the one shown in the link above. The
linked spindle shows the cam is just clockwise of the chuck pin puller
hole. Mine is counter clockwise which suggests that the locking motion
is different.
> http://wallacecompany.com/machine_shop/Tida_Samson_TD-1336_lathe/IMG_1774-1a.JPG

Looking closer, the example chuck plate is like mine. The spindle
picture suggests righty-tighty (clock-wise-tighty), the chuck example
and my lathe suggest counter-clock-wise-tighty. Do D1-4 mounts go both
ways? Also, I found information that the pull pins need to be adjusted
so that the cams will detent when tight. Any help clearing this up would
be appreciated.

--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/