On Sat, 14 Apr 2018, Peter C. Wallace wrote:

Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2018 09:40:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: Peter C. Wallace <p...@mesanet.com>
To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] 7i43 Invalid Cookie message

On Sat, 14 Apr 2018, andy pugh wrote:

Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2018 15:42:08 +0100
From: andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com>
To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>

On 14 April 2018 at 15:09, Peter C. Wallace <p...@mesanet.com> wrote:

The messages seem to indicate a problem in the driver,  It looks like it
found
and configured the card, then tried again.

The fact that it all works seems to hint at the same.

It isn't that the HAL file converter has doubled up the "loadrt" line somehow?

I hadn't thought of that, loading the driver twice might cause this kind
of error ( though I haven's seen the 2.7 --> 2.8 script do anything like this )

I can confirm that theres some kind of 7I43 driver bug with 2.7.12 thats not present wih 2.7.11. It does seem like the driver loads the firmware and probes the card normally but then appears to search for another card

I though it might be something to do with the default address but I could not get the ioaddr=0xNNNN token to work with either 2.7.11 or 2.7.12

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics