I just checked on eBay by actually placing it the shopping cart and having
it shipped to California.
It ships FREE.  But if you want overnight, then it costs $18.75.  No I
stopped just short of paying for it.  Just wanted to see the cost to ship.

Overseas shipping even from places like China has become very cheap of late.

I'm more interested in knowing how it works then having one to use.    I
have a ton of brushed DC motors and i'd like to know how to extract better
positioning performance from them.   My latest discovery  Spent yesterday
experimenting with DC:DC converters vs. PWM.  Soon I'll be experimenting
with multiple, redundant sensors.  In theory you can get very good results
of the errors in the sensors are not correlated.    So this idea of using
bth a shaft and linear sensor caught my eye.

On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 8:12 PM, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:

> On Friday 11 May 2018 22:33:25 jeremy youngs wrote:
>
> > I have no experience, I do have a next victim for conversion, a 10*50
> > comet knee mill. It has Sony scales on it , I will attempt to read
> > them with this message card once I get there, if they prove good I'm
> > going to try a pair of these , eBay item number
> > 322393653446
> > The beauty of it is it closes the loop and tracks the table, without
> > backlash . Pretty slick I think.
>
> But where are you? Thats Aussie stuff, and by the time it arrives at your
> door if you are in the US, will probably cost 300 or more USD. The
> operative AUD to USD exchange rate bears no resemblance to what is shown
> on ebay.
>
> --
> Cheers, Gene Heskett
> --