On 9/9/18 5:18 am, Gene Heskett wrote:
Greetings all;

I am about to give up on this bedwear comp project.

How I determine the amount of correction needed has been tried by
watching the dial as Z is moved, taking notes as to which way the center
of the wobble (the spindle is running about 15 rpms) moves, and putting
that DRO's RAD in the hal files lincurve "setp" list.  Makes it worse,
change sign of lincurve y-val, still worse.  Seems like the correction
is being multiplied by 3 or more.

I have run it to a lincurve X-val-nn point, and using the jog dial,
centered the dials wobble on zero, then put the obtained rad into a
y-val-nn, again making it worse with either sign.

So how do you folks derive the correction needed?

I'm assuming the offset itself is in radius, not diameter. In which case
the needed radius correction max's at about 2.5 thou. And that the sign
is the "tricky" part.

Thanks everybody.

This lathe bedwear may be a good candidate for the dgarr/external_offsets branch.

Cheers, Phill